1. Eligible candidates are issued online admit cards almost three weeks before the exam begins.
2. Candidate can download e-Admit cards from the UPSC website http://upsc.gov.in.
3. To download e-Admit card, candidates will require RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (If received) & date of birth or name, fathers name & Date of Birth available with him.
4. If the candidate has not received any information regarding admit card, he/she should immediately contact in the Commission's Office. Numbers are 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 (on working days between 10 am to 5 pm).
5. Candidates are advised to check admit card carefully. The details should be the same, as mentioned in the application form. It is subject to verification of all eligibility conditions.
6. It is against law for a non-candidate person to give the exam in place of a real candidate using his/her admit card.
7. Candidates should ensure that contact details like mobile number and email ID are active and valid.
National defence academy is a dream destination for all aspiring military boys, where cadets of 3 services - the Army, the Navy and the Air force are equipped with mental, moral, and physical characteristics aimed at leading soldiers.
NDA exam is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).
Candidates have to go to https://upsconline.nic.in/ to enroll for NDA and NA exams.
Online application form is filled in 2 parts:-
2. Preferred branch selection
3. Details verification
4. Withdrawal/Cancellation of application
Part 2: 1. Login 2. Payment 3. Select the exam centre 4. Document upload 5. Agree to terms and conditions 6. Submit
Candidates get their admit cards almost three weeks before the exam begins.
The age criteria to appear in NDA & NA exam are as follows:
1. NDA I- 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
2. NDA II- 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
The below candidates are eligible to appear in NDA exam:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962
(e) Persons of Indian Origin
(f) Overseas Citizens of India
No, only unmarried male aspirants can apply for this post.
12th class or appearing candidates are eligible to appear in the exam
The Supreme Court of India passed an order in August 2021 to allow female candidates to appear in all upcoming NDA entrance examination with respect to the age and qualification requirements. The interested female candidates age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years and they should have passed Class 12th exam from a recognised education board.
NDA Nationality for Girls. A candidate applying for NDA must be either unmarried, as well as: an Indian national, or a Nepali subject, or a person of Indian descent from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the East African nations of Zambia, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Zaire, and Ethiopia, or Vietnam who are permanently settled here.
Candidates who are not eligible:
. Candidates of class 11th are not eligible to appear in the exam. . Candidates who are deprived of any commission by the Ministry of defence are not eligible to give the examination.
. A candidate who has resigned from any of the training academies of Armed forces is not eligible to apply.
The NDA and NA exam is conducted twice a year, and it includes a written test and SSB Interview.
NDA has only objective type questions.
NO, the calculator is not allowed in the NDA exam.
Only black ball pen is allowed to give the exam.
Duration of exam: 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper (Paper I - Maths and Paper II - General Ability Test).
NDA exam is conducted in 2 phases:
Phase 1- Written-test 1. Mathematics (300 marks) 2. General Ability Test (600 marks) Phase 2- SSB Interview 1. Screening
2. Psychology Test
3. Group Exercise
4. Personal Interview
NDA selection process: Registration/ LoginApply online Admit card Exam Call Letter SSB Interview Medical Test Result/Merit List NDA/NA
Yes, height matters a lot in NDA exams. The minimum acceptable height is 157 cm for the Army, 152 cm for the Navy and 162.5 cm for the Air Force.
In NDA medical test, it includes- Urine test, blood test, sugar test, Blood pressure (BP) test, ECG. There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles, pyorrhea.