It is one of the most debated and interesting topics these days as the world is facing the pandemic at its peak and the education revolution is still on.
Online Education Vs Traditional Education
During this time, many digital products have been launched so far, which is why there has been a debate among the people in which comparisons are being made between online education and traditional education, which of the two is more effective and better?
In this blog, we will make a comparison between the two without any bias so that you can understand what will be the future of education, will we study in the traditional way in the future or will the educational system be changed?
If we start with some Indian Researcher A/c to them the Indian education system and opinion of recent Graduation had been changing rapidly most of the people are preferring online degree instead of going to college and spending around half of the day of their life.
Pandemic is not the only reason why most people are preferring online learning over traditional one. In July 2017 Indian President had launched "Swayam" for online learning with 200+ courses from some of the most reputed Govt. Body of India like; IIT's, IIM's, NPTEL, etc. Which is Accredited by AICTE & UGC.
Flexibility is one of the major parts why students are preferring online education. You can have your time when you want to study or when you want to take a break.
Through online Education, you have the access to take the classes of competent and specialized teachers around the world.
Right now the world is facing so many environmental problems such as Pollution, Environmental degradation, during all this you can get a degree sitting at home or in your favorite coffee shop.
- Interactive classrooms and open expression of opinions are still a reason why many people trust traditional education. With traditional education direct contact with teachers, students, and advisors.
- May Online education can give you the flexibility of time but Traditional education is more suitable for hands-on training.
- Traditional education gives focus on extracurricular activities and inculcating leadership skills which give students more access to campus activities
- Comparing to online education not all majors can be done online. When we talk about major in Agriculture, biology, Music, theatre, etc. a practical environment is necessary to learn, understand and major in these subjects.
- A need for compromise, ambition, and self-discipline: some students find it hard to find the time to study without even a predefined schedule. Self-discipline can be taught, although it is already inherent for certain students. Studying online requires a negotiation with the duties.
- Online Education Requires a high-quality Internet connection with good speed which is the major block for some remote areas in India.
- You'll have to fend for yourself! Nobody will remind you when an assignment is due which classes you need to take next, or when your financial assistance application is due.
- You're accompanied on campus by folks who are passionate about your profession. You can introduce yourself to lecturers (even if you aren't in their class) and faculty, as well as fellow students, guest lecturers, and others, and chat with them.
- You can also join on-campus professional associations to network with real-world professionals. Those face-to-face contacts, no matter how brief, will benefit you in the future.
- In 21st century one of the most important skill you must have is Time Management. The main issue with traditional education is it schedule flexibility.
- On an average a college student spends around 48 hours a week in his college which is a lot then he has some assignments and exams etc. It will take a lot of time off learning some other skills or doing a part time job to gain some new skill or understand how things happens in real-world or in Industry.
- With Traditional classes Added costs of textbooks, facilities fees such as Transportation, Activity, Function’s make’s a college experience terrible. & that’s the very effective reason to prefer online education over Traditional college.
- Traditional college students started relying on lectures & notes, they don't do the research & Study on their own this may result in the mentality of spoon-feeding by teachers.
- Due to spoon-feeding students know that all they need to do is take copious notes, memorizes the material, and hopefully, they will be able to pass tests with a reasonable grade.
- As a result, students become passive learners who do not take responsibility for their learning. They lack the desire to become proficient in the topic and will quickly forget most of what they have studied once the course is over.
- In a large group of class for a teacher it is nearly impossible to make study plan for every student. with online classes AI can create Personalized learning by Capability Adaptive Testing Module. Due to this loss of individualization is one of the most common things many students had to go through.
As this is Discussed earlier education is the key for the entire life. It doesn’t matter you are studying online or traditionally from a college.
A debate over online education & Traditional education has been created because its human inclination to give 'destination' an emphasis and not the 'journey', Every approach has their own benefits as well as disadvantage, it doesn’t matter. You will gain too many skills while going to traditional Education, such as
- Communication skills,
- how to be creative?
- Speaking in public.
Similarly, when it comes to Online Education you gain skills such as:
- How to work remotely?
- How to make a good conversation?
- Online accessibility.
- Online Networking etc.
Because it’s the quality of one’s conviction which determine his success not the number of certifications.